Friday, May 15, 2009

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, anyone?

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing at the Beaumont Club in Kansas City on Wednesday, June 3rd. I want to go.

Oddly, I don't own any Yeah Yeah Yeahs albums. I don't really know why. About every time I hear them, I think, "Oh yeah. I need to buy an album of theirs." Maybe I'll go out today and finally get one, or maybe two.

Despite my lack of familiarity with their music, I think it will be a great show. I listened to a concert of theirs on NPR a couple years ago, and it was pretty great. They sound good live, and Karen O is kind of crazy – really entertaining to watch (or listen to). I've also seen them on SNL recently, and I had a similar reaction. So, while they are by no means on my "must-see" list, I think I'd really enjoy their show.

Who wants to go with me?

1 comment:

rachel rianne said...

ME!


but I can't.
ugh.

go. please. for me. thanks.