Friday, May 22, 2009

Movin' on up

I'm now one step closer to feeling like an adult. I'm still about twenty-seven steps away from feeling totally like an adult rather than a college student, but I'm one closer.

I have an apartment. No more living with my parents. Signed the lease yesterday for a townhouse in Overland Park (I can be more specific, but not on the double-you-dot-interwebz). I think it's a pretty cool situation: two bedrooms (one for me, one for this guy), two floors plus a basement, front patio/stoop/micro-yard area, walking distance from grocery store, biking distance from tons of stuff. Also it's walking distance from the laundromat, which is important until we can find a cheap washer and dryer. Don't know when I'm moving in exactly. I should get my key today, but this weekend is gonna be pretty damn busy for me – birthdays, belated Mothers' day, wedding in Wichita – so I might be moving bit by bit over the next week or so.

It will be sort of strange living in the same city as my family but not at their house. I am really excited though. I'm tired of living out at a hundred and eleventy-billionth street. Maybe I'll decide that I miss it, but I'm ready for a change, and ready to be on my own.

1 comment:

rachel rianne said...

i'm SO excited for you guys to move and for you not to be so dang far south and live in the REAL overland park.

i don't know what that means, but i'm jealous of/really happy for you guys.