Monday, August 3, 2009

Le Suerg Digest: July

Here's where I've been for the last month or so:
  • 4th of July weekend: In Derby with my delightful girlfriend Dani and her delightful family.
  • Next weekend (11th–12th): Camping, hiking, and swimming in 1,000% humidity at Perry Lake with Dani and my siblings.
  • Week after that (13th–17th): Mostly spent battling an ear infection from swimming in the lake.
  • On Saturday the 18th: Bought supplies (with Dani) at the Moon Marble Company for making torchworked marbles. Playing with molten glass is awesome.
  • The 19th through the 24th: In the Black Hills in South Dakota with my family and Dani. We all hiked up to the top of Harney Peak, the highest point east of the Rockies and west of the Pyrenees. We went to Bear Country USA and saw the most hyperactive bear cubs ever. Dani and I became astronomers.
  • Week after that (27th–31st): Back to work. Blah. Made some delicious ice cream at home, saw the Bravery at Power and Light (and ate at the worst restaurant in the world. Never go there. High prices, bad food.)
  • Friday (31st): Went with Dani to see "500 Days of Summer". (2.7 of 5 stars) We ran into Rachel (5 stars) in the parking lot. Dani and I drove around KC for three hours, failing numerous missions. (0.5 stars) Stopped at Town Topic. (4 stars) Watched some 30 Rock. (5 stars)
  • Saturday (1st): 7 stars. Spent the whole [gorgeous] day with [gorgeous] Dani. Donated blood, ate Bob Evans, went to Brookside Toy and Science, bought some fun toys, played in Loose Park, made margaritas, went swimming, made chili dogs, watched Pushing Daisies. More like eight stars, actually.

Unfortunate side effects of my crazy July:
  • My blog was a ghost town.
  • My house is a disaster.
  • My bicycles are lonely.
  • Summer is going by way too fast.

2 comments:

rachel rianne said...

your bikes are lonely?? whata crime!!

and i'm SO honored to get as many stars as 30 rock. thank you much.

did you hear that next week's shark week? ...i treat every week like it's shark week.

~LB said...

I agree with Rachel, those bikes might have to come into custody if you continue to neglect them.