Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My New Roo!

I'd been waiting to talk about my new car until I had some pictures. Well, I finally finished the roll, took it to the lab, and got my prints today. Yes, that's correct. These pictures were shot on film, on a Canon F-1 35 mm SLR circa 1971, to be specific. I'll post some other pictures from my first roll soon. For now, let's get down to business.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i


  • 4 doors
  • 4 wheel drive
  • 5 speed manual transmission
  • 4 cylinder boxer engine
  • 173 hp
  • 3016 lbs
I fell in love with it last Tuesday, and drove it off the lot last Thursday. It's the first car I've taken out a loan on, but I had to have it. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted: a perfect blend of a grown-up car and a ridiculous high school boy racer. It's a frickin' blast to drive. Finally I'm back in a car with a real gearbox. I've wanted one of those back nearly every day for the last two years.

Subarus have quite a rally racing pedigree (that's racing road cars on loose dirt and gravel roads in the mountains and stuff), hence the 4WD. I really want to get it out in some snow, but unfortunately I think it's all behind us this year, so I might have to settle for a big flat field of mud if I can find one.

Despite what the "Outback" commercials and this post's title may have led you to believe, Subarus are Japanese, not Australian, and have proven to be quite reliable, so I hope to enjoy this car for many years to come.

1 comment:

rachel rianne said...

subarus are japanese?!!
my whole world's upside down.