Monday, July 28, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Ha. It's a little entertaining to me how deep my first post was, and how insignificant these next two have been, but oh well. I just want to get in the habit of making regular posts. The serious stuff will surface in time. For now, let the silliness continue.

When I heard the title "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," and heard that it was a 45-minute musical, I immediately thought it sounded campy and ridiculous. It is. It's also truly brilliant, silly fun. It's brought to you by Joss Whedon, the man who brought us Buffy the Vampire Slayer and, more importantly, Firefly.

Dr. Horrible is a bumbling aspiring supervillain (played by Neil Patrick Harris), who falls in love with a girl at the laundromat (Felicia Day). Unfortunately, she falls for Dr. Horrible's archnemesis Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion). Throw in some simple but surprisingly good songs, and you have 45 minutes of pure fun. Currently, it's only available on iTunes, but it's well worth it. I'll be buying the DVD as soon as it comes out.

UPDATE:
Dr. Horrible is now being shown free and legal on hulu.com. Watch.

4 comments:

rachel rianne said...

welcome, nick g, to the lovely world of blogging.
it'll give you something to do while you're at work... like it does for me.

hah i'll help watch this one when you get the dvd.

PSelby said...

I watched it the last day it was free while I was waiting for batman to start. I didnt even think to tell you about it. I didnt like the end though ............

adam paul said...

sweet anagram.

i think i'll watch it too.
not really out of choice, but more cause i'm likely to happen to be in the room at the same time.

karlie nicole cooper. said...

nick! welcome. i'm super excited to read your blogs.