Friday, October 2, 2009

Theremin-Playing Cats

I looked at my Google Analytics reports a few weeks ago, and found (to my great surprise and delight) that several visitors to my blog had arrived by googling "metaphysical cats". Well, I'm craving some more bizarre cat-related traffic, so here's a music video from They Might Be Giants that very earnestly answers the question, "Why does the sun shine?" Where are the cats, you ask? The video stars a stop-motion animated cat who plays the Theremin. Awesome.



(I almost forgot, for those not familiar with obscure musical instruments, the Theremin is the thing that makes those ooooooo-weeeeeeee-oooooo UFO noises in old sci-fi movies. You play it without ever touching it. You just move your hands around it. My friend Paul has one. It's awesome.)

If you want to see a real cat playing a real Theremin, you can see that here, but the cat is not a very good player, and it's a pretty crappy-sounding Theremin.

No comments: